free stats

Ravenous Readers

Monday, January 02, 2006

Welcome, RustyJoy and Jenni

I'm quite pleased to announce that two more contributors have joined our elite ranks. I didn't invite that many people so it is too elite!

RustyJoy is a 20-something gal living in Cincinnati. She's recently engaged and in restaurant management. I have known no one in the world - other than family - longer than I have known this girl. She's brilliant and I look forward to seeing her insights.

Jenni is our nomad. Her husband's job requires that they move frequently (as often as every few months!) so she will be one of our most worldly and well-traveled contributors. She is one of the most talented writers I have ever had the pleasure to meet and has excellent taste in reading materials.

Welcome to you both!

2 Comments:

  • Hello everyone. Thanks again for inviting me to take part in this; I think we'll have fun.

    I was actually at B&N yesterday and picked up "The Jane Austen Book Club" by Karen Joy Fowler. I have not read it yet, but thought I'd throw it out for consideration for future. It's about a book club (duh), so we might have fun with it. The NYT Book Review called it "a novel about how we engage with a novel." Reader reviews for bn.com are very mixed, which might indicate a promising subject:

    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=9b2qALpBG1&isbn=0452286530&itm=1

    Just something to get the ball rolling...

    By Blogger JenniNapa, at 11:49 AM  

  • Thanks for the recommendation, JenniNapa! I'm working on a polling feature for the site - I'm not sure where I will put it yet - and I'll put this in as an option.

    Anyone else?

    By Blogger MamaChristy, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home