free stats

Ravenous Readers

Monday, May 15, 2006

And, so we begin our discussion ...

Welcome to the Ravenous Readers discussion of Devil in the White City! As mentioned in the previous post, this week we discuss the first portion of the book, pages 1 – 127. (If you are able, please answer the questions below no later than May 20; after that date, we begin our discussion of the second portion of the book.) This first series of questions examines your early impressions of the book and centers on two foundational elements: the book’s most powerful figures (Burham & Holmes) and the Chicago World's Fair of 1893.

3 Comments:

  • Thanks for getting us started, Stolie. I'm off to answer questions!

    By Blogger MamaChristy, at 10:45 AM  

  • Oops ... I posted the first batch of questions, but I forgot to answer them myself!!! :)

    I'll do that now. And, batch #2 of questions is coming soon.

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 5:02 AM  

  • OK, I know I'm late, but my intentions are pure. (Or something like that.) I've returned from our globe-trotting, and I'm almost back in this timezone again. Expect a blaze of ramblings posted from me this afternoon. (: Thanks for all the artwork, Stolie ... I haven't read any of the comments and the like yet, but the art's fun. I'm looking forward to the discussion!

    By Blogger JenniNapa, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home