free stats

Ravenous Readers

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Welcome, Kristie

Please join me in welcoming our final contributor. We have a great group and I know we are gonna have a good time with this.

Kristie's a twentysomething senior account exec for a public affairs firm in Washington, D.C. She is an ardent lover of animals (especially her puppy), movies, and photography. By her own admission, she's addicted to her electric blanket and her hubby. She also has a 90-minute commute *each way*, so she is, in self defense if nothing else, a voracious reader. She's sharp, funny and really kind. A good person.

Many thanks to Jenni for submitting the bio!

2 Comments:

  • Hi Kristie and everybody else!! I'm finally back in town and I'll pick up a copy of the book that we're reading very soon. Three questions:

    1) Has anyone already volunteered to be the moderator? (Perhaps, ideally, the moderator should be someone who voted for the book right?)

    2) What is the drop dead date by which we should have the entire book read and/or be ready for discussion? I'm a procrastinator; for me, no deadline for task = task won't happen.

    3) This blog / book club is for all of us, right? So, why isn't everyone commenting? ;-) My motives are selfish ... I think I am the only one who doesn't know everyone else, so it would be nice to see comments / discussions on the blog so that we can all get to know each other a bit more before we have to comment on the book. So, to start a tiny bit of discussion, how about a question? Has everyone already bought the book? If not, when are you going to get it? :)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 7:24 AM  

  • Stolie,

    I have not bought the book yet either! I keep having good intentions, but other things keep getting in the way.... spending 45 minutes in line at the Post Office today and then another 20 in line at the bank - so much for my lunch hour. LOL

    I love your idea of getting to know one another by blogging our comments here. I have checked out your blog - some of them are a riot!

    I'm new to the blogging world, so my posts are miniscule... but soon I hope to have more.

    Cheers from Dallas!

    Have a beautiful.

    By Blogger E, at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home