free stats

Ravenous Readers

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Crap. Is it October already?

Okay, so I know we were supposed to have started talking about Down Came the Rain by Brooke Shields, um, yeah two days ago, but I haven't gotten my butt in gear and written discussion questions and frankly, I don't know what happened to September. It was here. Now it's gone and all the stores have Christmas decor up.

So here's the deal: The lovely Jenni has suggested to me that we ask the contributors (that's you!*) to post just one question for the current reading selection. It can be a "this was interesting to me; what do you think?", a "this was my interpretation of this, how about you?" or a "what the hell was this all about?" ANYTHING.

That said, here's my question for you: Wanna play?

Because, really, I think that is what this should be about. It should be fun in that intellectual way that you enjoyed your literature classes in college, but without the professor telling you that you are wrong or the worry of grades.

So I was thinking that maybe we could start discussing Down Came the Rain next Monday (October 9) and I'll start us off with a question or two and maybe the rest of you, as you have time, can post a question sometime before November 6. Sound okay to you all?


*For those of you reading along and are not official "contributors" (you know who you are), if you want to email me with a question to post, I will be happy to. Or email me and I can invite you to be a contributor. Whatever works for you.

1 Comments:

  • I still have not gotten this book. Hopefully I will find it soon and read it quickly so I can at least join the discussion at the end. :)

    By Blogger mamashine, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home